Started on the crochet shorts inspired by the shorts in this blog post as mentioned in my blog post. This shorts is called Colonial Hand Crochet Shorts and is actually sold for $110 by 6 Shore Road. I call this my $110 saved crochet shorts in my mind.
This, by far, will be my most adventurous project as of late. Why? Because for the first time in the 4 years I’ve been crocheting, I won’t be working with a pattern but hacking one from an already made project using only photos. OMG. HAHAHA.
The photos are very detailed that you can really see the stitches. I couldn’t copy the flower because I don’t know what stitch they used so I just made an 8 petal flower using treble clusters, and did the mesh of the motifs like the actual motifs from the photos.
So yeah, there’s my flower. It’s not as pretty as the flower from the actual shorts itself. That pretty flower is what I actually loved about the original shorts. But I’m happy with my motif, so far. It’s really fast to make, which I really like because I hate working with motifs. They make me cry because I’m impatient. HAHA.
I am starting with the leg part. I finished 3 motifs already and figured out how to join them using the photos. I think I need around 6 for each leg.
I’m planning on finishing both leg parts by tonight and then I’ll move on to the 2nd layer of the motifs and then connect the leg part to that part using mesh. I believe that based on the stitches, the shorts were created from leg up. Then I’ll more mesh and possibly add some sort of band for the waist then add the scallops for the finishing.
I’m so excited. I’m planning on using this for my trip to Boracay this coming November 29. I still have 40+ days to go to finish this. And as a challenge to my lazy butt, I’m giving myself only 2 weeks to finish this. Wish me luck!